A PSD is a TIF that is inside the proprietary PSD container.
Benefits of using PSD over TIF
- In Adobe Encore you need to use a PSD for creating custom menus.
Benefits of using TIF over PSD
- Thumbnail images in Windows OS.
- Files aren't Photoshop version dependent.
- Anyone can open and preview the files.
- Opens in Photoshop, Gimp, MS Paint, and anything QuickTime enabled.
Don't get me wrong, I use Photoshop for everything raster, I just avoid using the file format.
So, File > Save (format: TIFF, LZW compression, byte order doesn't matter anymore, and layers if you need 'em)
696 reads • Last Modified: Thursday, May 12, 2016